BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

The fastest five years of my life!





I'll never forget the day I found out I was pregnant with Chuck. I was on the phone with Beth and I was telling her that I hadn't been feeling very well for the last couple of weeks... and how I was getting sick of being sick. Then she says... maybe your pregnant... and I say... um no.. I am not. So what do I do when I get off the phone with her?? I go and look for a pregnancy test in my bathroom and pee on it. I sit there watching the pee flow thru the window of the test.. and I watch as one line shows up and then another line shows up.. and then I look at the directions to see what this means... and it says.. two lines equal postive pregnancy test. I start crying and the paper falls to the floor. I then go and find Jeffrey and hand him the test. He says to me... what does this mean?? So I read him the directions front to back.. and then tell him the test is old.. so I am going to go get a new one from the store. So I go and get five more tests.. come home and pee on four of them... and one after another they are still postitive... so I am thinking maybe I am pregnant after all... but not letting myself believe it until I get a blood test from the doctors. That night before I went to bed, I started throwing up. Weeks and days before I have been sick to my stomach.. with that car sick feeling... but no throwing up.. so the next day I pee on the fifth test in the morning... and it is still positive. I go to work, call and get an appointment with my primary.. go the next day. I take one of their in house pregnancy test... and it is postitive. I ask if he could send me to the lab, for a blood test.. and he says no! He then says I have taken seven pregnancy tests and all of them are postitive. He is pretty sure I am pregnant so no he will not send me for a blood test. So I leave there giddy. I call Jeff, and he asked what the doctor said. I said he confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. And he says... oh okay. We make an appointment with the worst gyno ever and on my first visit we find out that I am almost three months pregnant. I was so nervous that visit. Jeff is trying to talk to me while we wait for the doctor and I can't focus on what he was saying... I kept thinking they were going to tell me, that I wasn't pregnant after all. So needless to say I was so thrilled to see my little peanut moving all over the screen. I wanted to have a baby so badly, and for some reason.. I didn't think it was going to happen... but it did... and now I sit here five years later.

0 comments: